Yoga as Life. Yoga as Education.
The Roots of Yoga.
Nature as Teacher.
Therapeutic applications of classical yoga span the ages going all the way back to the time of the Rishis (wise seekers) in the forests of India. The search for health, well-being and a viable lifestyle has been a constant thread of exploration within the art and science of yoga. These ancient teachings help promote physical, mental, emotional and spiritual balance, along with strength, stability, and flexibility in modern life.
We delve into the vast, powerful body of knowledge to implement and further explore these earth-based practical tools to bring yoga as therapy and as education to today's world. Practicing such powerful yogic teachings as they apply to all aspects of life is a lifestyle at Yoga Adventure, along with ongoing research, education, exploration, and skillful intuition.
The ever-changing nature of this perfect universe is rooted in these teachings and serves as a basis of study and application. These yogic practices work with the natural elements in our bodies to point us constantly in the direction of balance while living in the natural world. We are the earth, air, fire, water, and space that surrounds us.
Every system of our body (skeletal, muscular, nervous, digestive, reproductive, endocrine, circulatory and respiratory, etc.) interacts, supports, balances and complements the proper functioning of the other. All cells work intimately together to create the ongoing equilibrium essential for a healthy whole. The yogic approach to therapy honors these layers of our existence and, through various applications, seeks to maintain harmony and mitigate pain and suffering.
International outreach to remote and rural areas provides the benefits of yoga to those for whom it is less accessible.
For over 40 years at Yoga Adventure, we have been studying, teaching, exploring, traveling globally and applying yoga's wide range of benefits to many cross-sections of age, culture, religion, walks of life, and spiritual orientations. The lovingly and skillfully applied yogic practices as therapy for physical ailments for a myriad of people--be it a skier in Colorado, a golfer in California, a potato farmer in Peru, a rice farmer in Bali, a street sweeper in India, Muslim women in Morocco, those with autoimmune challenges, those with mental/emotional challenges, doctors, physical therapists, dancers, neuroscientists, friends and family--has created amazing levels of healing and/or understanding. From disease, injury and physical limitations among villagers in the mountains of Nepal to elders in small villages in Mexico, and in home and hospital settings with cancer patients, all the emotional, mental and spiritual challenges become opportunities to help others.
At Yoga Adventure, we seek to inspire and support each student's individual journey. Applying the healing benefits of yoga nurtures personal, authentic, and creative skills to implement and adapt the classical ancient teachings to present day needs.
We are the living lineage of these powerful practices, doing our best to bring forth the spirit of these ancient teachings, making them as simple and applicable as possible for contemporary needs. As yoga becomes ingrained in mainstream health and healing, it is important to embrace the deeper lasting benefits of yoga, and to slowly and lovingly integrate its useful tools into our own lives before intelligently sharing these benefits with others. Starting with ourselves, we can progress with love, patience and understanding toward skillfully unraveling pain and disease and cultivating acceptance and contentment.
Deborah’s lifestyle represents the modern day version of ancient yogic seekers' quest of holistic health and wise intuition. Through exploring classic texts such as the Bhagavad Gita and Yoga Sutras, traditional yoga asanas, meditation and pranayama, she has identified powerful implications for today's many healing needs, from common physical and mental health issues to chronic diseases, physical limitations and psycho-social challenges.
Deborah herself is a perpetual student with a never-ending dedication for cultivating modalities that serve to keep the soul of ancient yogic teachings alive. Yoga philosophy, asanas, pranayama, meditation, Ayurvedic practices, Vedic astrology, and the use of plants, foods, and herbal concoctions for health and healing helps bring forth our innate connection to our own bodies, to each other, to creation, and to a bigger cosmos.
Deborah practices and teaches a heart-centered approach to yoga therapy. She encourages ongoing cultivation of compassion and caring for ourselves and others, as well as continually building a groundwork of love, patience and intuition as we skillfully apply principles and practices of yoga therapy. Her passion for teaching/helping the least-likely-to-do-yoga and her kindness for all peoples overflow in her teachings. She shares yoga as therapy, and nurtures the cultivating of self-healing practices for ourselves as students so that as teachers, we may successfully encourage and inspire others in their path of health and wellness.
After thousands of one-on-one clients, classes, workshops, retreats and many years of yoga teacher trainings, the message is constant: continue to observe, listen, learn and share... spread the knowledge of anatomy (physical and subtle), educate through therapeutic applications of yoga asanas, pranayama, meditation, philosophy, and Ayurvedic teachings. Inspire through example and authenticity.
The name Yoga Adventure grew from Deborah and Davids travels practicing and sharing yoga and recognizing the healing benefits of nature, of nature as teacher, and seeing the Rishis ( seekers and seers) in the forests of India as having passed on the roots of yoga and these essential yogic practices that sprung from their explorations, meditations and common wisdom.
Deborah has experienced the reciprocal beauty of teaching and learning during her travels to share yoga in primitive cultures with their own earth based traditional healing ways. “We have so much to share and to learn by creating global friendship and family and opening channels of learning and communication. Our connection with nature, each other, and our connection to a greater source is vital in personal and planetary healing.
If we start with ourselves and reach out, listening to valuable therapeutic information and education we can progress in a loving direction and with patience and understanding of the body and its inter-related systems we can skillfully unravel pain and disease as well as cultivate acceptance.
Every yogi from India, Tibetan monk or master, Balinese Manku or healer, Peruvian shaman and Moroccan Medicine man or woman I have met has imparted wisdom that goes hand in hand with the powerful yogic teachings. This validates the need for sharing and teaching from the most precious element of this knowledge and utilizing this for health and wellness. We are a part of the constant unfolding of the art and science of yoga. The skills and experience of a yoga therapist and educator in today's world can be invaluable to individuals as a viable resource for physical, mental, emotional and spiritual health and wellness.
Our shaman friends say that there is really no disease, just disconnect... Disconnect from nature, from ourselves, from each other and from a greater source. Healing on any level is a remembering...and yoga gives us tools to help in this remembering. We offer an experience of a lifetime to those who are inspired to spread the benefits of yoga as much-needed modern day therapy with vast applications. If you feel drawn to explore these possibilities and to see how these teachings can enhance your life and in turn the lives of others, come join us in this amazing adventure of yoga!
Highlights of Curriculum
- explore keys to intelligent and intuitive case history /study/ uptake or student/client assessment format
- applications and follow up for yoga as therapy sessions
- working with clients to get them out of pain
- working in pain free range of motion with students and clients
- the effects and benefits of lifestyle on health and wellness
- exploring Ayurvedic principles to enhance yoga therapy applications
- exploring current scientific and spiritual applications and keys to a unraveling the nervous system through understanding of the sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous system, neurotransmitters, the vagus nerve and the relationship to meditation pranayama, asana and yoga philosophy
- the importance of all bodies system on the health of the nervous system and vis versa
- explore diet and digestion
- explore respiration and circulation...the lungs and the heart
- the endocrine system and yoga therapy
- the importance of our relationship to the mahubhuta or great elements and therapeutic applications of yoga
- Yoga for individual needs
- Yoga for elders
- Yoga for various cultures and ethic populations
- Chair yoga
- Working with the body as a whole, individual intuitive unfolding of a yoga therapy session
- New ways to address the fascia, muscles, connective tissue, nerves and bones from a subtle energy perspective for skillful therapy
- Cultivating patience and trust in yoga therapy
- Teaching intuition and opening to our souls voice
- Working with spine, neck, shoulder, knee, arm and leg issues root causes and intelligent therapy
- Working with chronic fatigue, and other common autoimmune issues
- Yoga for women
- Yoga for various types of athletes and dancers
- Easing through understanding cancer recovery
- Primitive brain, life, yoga and transformation
- Drawing parallels with ancient yogic practices and teachings with wisdom of primitive cultures and spiritual traditions
- Simple tools for energy work
- Prana as teacher
- What is Sankalpa
- The importance of the Koshas in yogic practice and teaching
- Importance of Yoga Nidra and skills for sharing this practice
- Exploring the Vayus
- Ayurvedic perspective simplified for students
- Useful and accessible meditation
- Skills for and importance of conducting yoga and adventure/ nature retreats and workshops
Please see teacher training page for further information.
|© 2017 Yoga Adventure All Rights Reserved|
970-309-3834 Email: email@example.com